Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gra

Default Word Hangs after latest MS Update Download

Hi guys

I downloaded the latest updates yesterday (12 April) after a notification
message. I noticed one of them was related to Office products. Since
switching on the PC today I cannot open any files in Word or save any
documents: it just hangs and stops responding.

Any advice? Looking at some of the other messages, is there a glitch in the
latest updates?

regards.
Gra
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Version of Word?
I have Word 2003 on my system with the latest update (which was released
some time ago, not yesterday). The last Word 2003 update was released in
February according to the website.

Have you tried the various steps / strategies set out at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eningWord.htm?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Gra" wrote in message
Hi guys

I downloaded the latest updates yesterday (12 April) after a notification
message. I noticed one of them was related to Office products. Since
switching on the PC today I cannot open any files in Word or save any
documents: it just hangs and stops responding.

Any advice? Looking at some of the other messages, is there a glitch in
the
latest updates?

regards.
Gra

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BMC

It's a bug in this fix to fix a bug in Explorer:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-015.mspx

You can remove it from Add/Remove Programs, where it shows as "Security
Update for Windows XP (KB908531)". Make sure the "show updates" box at the
top is ticked or you won't see hotfixes in the list.

"Gra" wrote in message
Hi guys

I downloaded the latest updates yesterday (12 April) after a notification
message. I noticed one of them was related to Office products. Since
switching on the PC today I cannot open any files in Word or save any
documents: it just hangs and stops responding.

Any advice? Looking at some of the other messages, is there a glitch in
the
latest updates?

regards.
Gra

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gra

Thank you both for your advice - it's Word 2002. I'll do the uninstall (to
get rid of the bug, fixing the other bug).

Regards.
Gra

"Gra" wrote in message
Hi guys

I downloaded the latest updates yesterday (12 April) after a notification
message. I noticed one of them was related to Office products. Since
switching on the PC today I cannot open any files in Word or save any
documents: it just hangs and stops responding.

Any advice? Looking at some of the other messages, is there a glitch in
the
latest updates?

regards.
Gra

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

check to see if HP share to web componenet is also installed
(Hpgs2wnd.exe) as there is a MS article highlighting this issue with MS
06-015 update.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165

you can apply a reg hack to fix or opt to wait for MS to release
revised version of MS06-015. Reg hack worked for me.

AK