Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Change Line above Footer

Hi All,
In my standard formatted Document there appears a 5cm line right above
the footnotes. How can I change this line? (Instead of 5cm my
professors asks for 3cm)
Thx for your help, Gerrit

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

In Normal view click on Insert | Reference | Footnote. On the Footnote
Toolbar use the dropdown arrow and select the line. It sounds as if you have
a continuation line rather than a footnote reference line. I hope this is
helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

" wrote:

Hi All,
In my standard formatted Document there appears a 5cm line right above
the footnotes. How can I change this line? (Instead of 5cm my
professors asks for 3cm)
Thx for your help, Gerrit

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can't change it, but you can replace it.

1. In Normal view, View | Footnotes.

2. In the dropdown list box on the Footnotes toolbar, choose Footnote
Separator.

3. Delete the existing separator and create your own using underlines, em
dashes, a paragraph border, etc.

oups.com...