Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
j y j y is offline

Default how to recover overwritten docx files in word 2007?

i mistakenly overwrite my important word file with a rubbish file and i have
clicked save and overwrite, is there any way where i can get my old file
back?thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi j y,

You can reload the file from your latest backup. That way, you'll at most have lost only the edits since then.

--
Cheers
macropod

"j y" j wrote in message ...
i mistakenly overwrite my important word file with a rubbish file and i have
clicked save and overwrite, is there any way where i can get my old file
back?thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Tom is offline

There are some pretty good recovery programs available IF you haven't reused
the HD space. The sooner you get a recovery program the better for this
situation.
I've used a couple but I don't have their names handy.

"j y" j wrote in message ...
i mistakenly overwrite my important word file with a rubbish file and i have
clicked save and overwrite, is there any way where i can get my old file
back?thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

If the filename has been re-used, as the OP's post indicates, the chances of a recovery are low, especially if any disk writes have
occurred since. That's why one should always keep backup copies of important data files.

--
Cheers
macropod

"j y" j wrote in message ...
i mistakenly overwrite my important word file with a rubbish file and i have
clicked save and overwrite, is there any way where i can get my old file
back?thanks!!

laurencehoris laurencehoris is offline
Banned

Same problem here. Is it possible now?