Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
broye

Default in letter wizard how do I get rid of the the globe and Gray bar?

How do I get rid of the Globe and gray bar that is produced on the letter.
It looks like a watermark but is not. I do not want it in my letter. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Both items are graphic elements anchored in the First Page Header.
Click View Header and Footer, and then you can select them and
delete them.

In fact, a watermark is nothing more than a graphic anchored in a
header. The ones in the Contemporary Letter template, because they
weren't inserted with the watermark dialog, don't show up in that
dialog -- but otherwise they behave the same.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman