Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Brochet Ltd

Default Make "emebedable editable fonts" work in Word 2003 like in 2000

I run a business creating Word templates mainly for large Law firms in the
City of London. I usually recommend that they create there logo as a true
type font so that they can make their letter documents look like a letter
printed onto their pre-printed paper. Also they can email clients a Letter
document and the client can view and print the document on their PC even
though they dont have the true type font installed on the PC (As the logo
true type font has been embedded in the document). With Word 2000 this works
really well.

However with Word 2003 if a document contains embedded true type fonts when
emailed and opened on a client PC the fonts are visible. However if any
changes are made to the document and therefore the document is resaved all
true type fonts are stripes out of the document. Even if all of the embedded
fonts are €śeditable embeddable fonts€ť.

A large number of law firms want to share editing document with other
companies, this change in the way Word 2003 stripes out all embedded fonts,
means that they have to revert back to using graphics files for their logos.
This increases the size of the document files which when a single secretary
can produce 50+ new letters a day really effects that amount of disk space
required.

Can you let me know anyone else finds this a problem and if Microsoft plan
to fix this problem in Word 2003 as it is causing a real issue with a large
number of my clients.

Thanks for your help

Nikki Pike - Brochet Ltd

PS. I have already raised this bug and was told I needed to raise the
problem via this route.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I can't suggest a solution using the techniques you're currently employing.
What I can suggest is that graphic logos can be linked (which again reduces
file size), and documents that need to be emailed can be sent as PDFs. This
does not, however, allow clients to edit them. If editing is required, I
think appearance should be secondary since the documents would have to be
regarded as drafts, anyway.