Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K K is offline

Default AutoCorrect doesn't hold

In my Word 2003 on my Windows XP AutoCorrect selections quit holding and a
New template selection always opens in a new Word in a new window. I was
going to uninstal an reinstal Word but the dealer who sold me this computer
and software a few months ago warned me that the microsoft disc that comes
with a new computer can only be used once. I have been trying to suffer thru
this mess to save my disc for a more important time but this is really
getting to be a problem. New selections opening in a new window can be lived
with, but always having to change text that AutoCorrect "Corrected" is really
frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas about this situation of my
AutoCorrect selections not holding and any ideas about New selections always
opening in a new window would also be appreciated. All ideas, suggestions,
and comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Regarding the "New selections always opening in a new window", in Word
click on Tools | Options | View tab | uncheck the "Windows in Taskbar"
box | OK. Didn't you ask this same question on July 8?

Regarding the "having to change text that AutoCorrect 'Corrected'"
problem, can you say that in English? Maybe give an example too?

K wrote:

In my Word 2003 on my Windows XP AutoCorrect selections quit holding and a
New template selection always opens in a new Word in a new window. I was
going to uninstal an reinstal Word but the dealer who sold me this computer
and software a few months ago warned me that the microsoft disc that comes
with a new computer can only be used once. I have been trying to suffer thru
this mess to save my disc for a more important time but this is really
getting to be a problem. New selections opening in a new window can be lived
with, but always having to change text that AutoCorrect "Corrected" is really
frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas about this situation of my
AutoCorrect selections not holding and any ideas about New selections always
opening in a new window would also be appreciated. All ideas, suggestions,
and comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K K is offline

First, Thank You garfield-n-odie for such a timely response. About "having to
change text that AutoCorrect 'Corrected', I used the wrong term. I should
have also said 'AutoFormat'. In Format-AutoFormat-Options-AutoCorrect tab I
deselected 'Capitalize first letter of sentences'. Then in the AutoFormat tab
I deselected replace Ordinals... and replace Fractions... Then in the
"AutoFormat As You Type" tab I deselected replace Ordinals and replace
Fractions there too. Then every time I reopened my Word 2003, all of these
were selected again.

When I first started using this new system, maybe a year ago now, I made the
above deselections at first usage. All was fine for quite some time. Then
everything changed maybe 6 months ago. It would be nice to figure out what
idid to cause this change so I can stay away from doing that again. Even tho
I translated what my CompuDoc said about Windows discs only allowing one
usage, I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled Office last night. At
first tests last night my selections seem to be holding while I closed and
reopened Word several times. Hopefully I have solved the AutoCorrect and
AutoFormat problems for now.

Again, Thank You for such a timely response. Appreciate the help. K.