Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
My WORD My WORD is offline

Default Why do I save Normal.dot file when I save my other file?

Why do I save Normal.dot file when I save my other file?
Thanks
I am using Micro WORD 2003. When I finish working on a document and ready to
save the document and close the document is saved and normal.dot tries to
close but because it is a read only you are required to give it a different
name. When I first started using WORD it never ask me to save Normal.dot.
What has changed? Can you help me change it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the Office
Plugin that comes with it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs
with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" and
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...514521033.aspx "Word
prompts me to save changes to the Normal.dot template" for more information.