Angela Hey

Default Can you please make Word select only the text I highlight- not mo

I do not like the way that Word jumps to select a whole paragraph, or
sentence or word. I have turned off the appropriate options in Edit.
However if I want to select 9.5 sentences in an 11 sentence paragraph, Word
will jump to select the entire text. I know exactly what I want to select, am
very accurate with the mouse and would really like a CTRL-Select option or an
option in Edit to turn off the smart selection. If I select the middle of a
word and go to the middle of word 2 pages later that's the exact text I want
to select - not more or less. Can you fix this?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Michelle

I don't find this to be the case. I can select from the middle of a word to
the middle of any word I try. I have unchecked "Use Smart Cursoring," "Use
Smart Paragraph selection," and "When selecting, automatically select entire
word." Maybe you missed turning one of these off.

"Angela Hey" wrote:

I do not like the way that Word jumps to select a whole paragraph, or
sentence or word. I have turned off the appropriate options in Edit.
However if I want to select 9.5 sentences in an 11 sentence paragraph, Word
will jump to select the entire text. I know exactly what I want to select, am
very accurate with the mouse and would really like a CTRL-Select option or an
option in Edit to turn off the smart selection. If I select the middle of a
word and go to the middle of word 2 pages later that's the exact text I want
to select - not more or less. Can you fix this?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

I don't know, but I don't have any problem with this, either.

"Angela Hey" wrote:

I do not like the way that Word jumps to select a whole paragraph, or
sentence or word. I have turned off the appropriate options in Edit.
However if I want to select 9.5 sentences in an 11 sentence paragraph,

Word
will jump to select the entire text. I know exactly what I want to

select, am
very accurate with the mouse and would really like a CTRL-Select

option or an
option in Edit to turn off the smart selection. If I select the middle

of a
word and go to the middle of word 2 pages later that's the exact text

I want
to select - not more or less. Can you fix this?

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Angela Hey

The problem only occurs with long selections. If I select a paragraph or two
then indeed the software selects just the area I want - but I have a large
screen and if I select 10 or 12 paragraphs somewhere in the middle of each,
Word zooms to cover the whole paragraph with shading.

This is most annoying as if I type over the selected area fast I end up
replacing whole paragraphs instead of sections. Try it on 50 page documents
and selecting over page boundaries.