Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stormy

Default page numbers on pages with a hard return

I'm writing a long document with 3 sections. The pagination is fine
except for pages where I've used a hard return. Page numbers on the
page with the hard return do not print. The page numbers show in print
preview but not on the actual printed page. I've looked at the page
set-up & header/footer set up for each page & all are appropriate. Why
would a page number show in print preview but not actualy print? Of
course the "HELP" function is no help. This is making me crazy & I
have to submit this document first thing Monday morning!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

G'Day Stormy,

The most common reason that a page number will not print, even though
you see it in Print Preview, is that it is positioned just outside the limits of
your printer's physical print area.

Try increasing the Bottom margin
OR
View the Footer and put an extra line beneath the number.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Stormy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm writing a long document with 3 sections. The pagination is fine
except for pages where I've used a hard return. Page numbers on the
page with the hard return do not print. The page numbers show in print
preview but not on the actual printed page. I've looked at the page
set-up & header/footer set up for each page & all are appropriate. Why
would a page number show in print preview but not actualy print? Of
course the "HELP" function is no help. This is making me crazy & I
have to submit this document first thing Monday morning!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Increasing the bottom margin will not help. Adding space below the footer
will not help if the page number is inserted using Insert | Page Numbers.
The only thing likely to help if the problem is caused by the printable area
is increasing the footer margin. But it doesn't sound like that's the case
here.

"Pat Garard" apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau wrote in message
G'Day Stormy,

The most common reason that a page number will not print, even though
you see it in Print Preview, is that it is positioned just outside the

limits of
your printer's physical print area.

Try increasing the Bottom margin
OR
View the Footer and put an extra line beneath the number.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard
Melbourne, Australia