Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ali ali is offline

Default subentry

How do I create multiple subentries under one Main Entry. This should be easy
but I cant find it in the help file.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 14 May 2007 17:51:01 -0700, Ali
wrote:

How do I create multiple subentries under one Main Entry. This should be easy
but I cant find it in the help file.

For each subentry, add an XE field that includes the main entry, a
colon, and the subentry:

{ XE "Ethane: formula" }
{ XE "Ethane: synthesis" }

The {Index} field will automatically display the subentries on
separate lines indented under the main entry.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that the example XE fields should be:

{ XE "Ethane:formula" }
{ XE "Ethane:synthesis" }

wrote:

How do I create multiple subentries under one Main Entry. This should be

easy
but I cant find it in the help file.

For each subentry, add an XE field that includes the main entry, a
colon, and the subentry:

{ XE "Ethane: formula" }
{ XE "Ethane: synthesis" }

The {Index} field will automatically display the subentries on
separate lines indented under the main entry.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 14 May 2007 21:24:16 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Note that the example XE fields should be:

{ XE "Ethane:formula" }
{ XE "Ethane:synthesis" }

When I tried it, the Index field automatically stripped out the extra
space after the colon. Having the space in the XE field makes the
entries a little easier to read.