Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lindab Lindab is offline

Default MS Word 2007 'modification not allowed document is locked'

I experiencing the same problem with new HP w/MS Vista, MS Word 2007 is
locked, 'modification not allowed document is locked'. Trial version
activated but when I click on 'Review' tab the editing buttons are not
available, when I click on 'alt F' I cannot find a 'resources' button. I
have not received any notifications that the trial period is about to expire.
Please help I am not able to perform any necessary tasks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

Hi LindaB,

If you're sure the product has been activated and the trial period hasn't
expired, you might try a suggestion from one of Bob Buckland's replies to
someone. A slightly modified version of it is he

"There are a couple of scenarios that can cause this. One of the most
common is a corrupted activation file, another is the software not 'passing'
one of the MS Genuine Advantage checks for Windows or Office (and those
aren't always correct g).

With all of the Office apps closed and in a profile that has administrator
privileges, use Start=Search to search for the file opa12.dat and rename it
to opa12.old, then restart the PC and open Word to see if you can activate
Office 2007."

The full thread is he

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...2d920d 788bde

Hope this helps.