Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
YannisA YannisA is offline

Default Word 2007 documents close as "read only"

OS: Windows 7
Frequent Occurence
In Word 2007, I work on an existing document and then try to close it. I can
only "save it as" with a different name because, Word claims, it is a "read
only" document. I look at its properties and "read only" is not checked.
After I save it with different name, I look at the (closed) original
document's properties and, still, the "read only" box is not checked. All
these documents are in the main drive.
Any help will be appreciated.
--
YannisA