Carla

Default Inserting an excel file in word

I have two clients that called and said they used to be able to go to Insert,
File in Word 2003 and insert an entire Excel spreadsheet or Power Point
presentation, but now gets a file conversion dialogue box that shows
illegible data. I tried and got the same result. I did a search on
Microsoft's KB and here. The only reference I found was that the excel32.cnv
file was needed, so I downloaded the Office 2003 file conversions in the
resource kit and installed that and it didn't help. Then I found the
excel32.cnv file and I saved it to the text convertor folder, but that still
didn't work. Any ideas? All 2003 products. Thanks!!
Anne Troy

Insert--Object--Create from File. Use Display as icon and do NOT use
"link".
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Carla" wrote in message
I have two clients that called and said they used to be able to go to
Insert,
File in Word 2003 and insert an entire Excel spreadsheet or Power Point
presentation, but now gets a file conversion dialogue box that shows
illegible data. I tried and got the same result. I did a search on
Microsoft's KB and here. The only reference I found was that the
excel32.cnv
file was needed, so I downloaded the Office 2003 file conversions in the
resource kit and installed that and it didn't help. Then I found the
excel32.cnv file and I saved it to the text convertor folder, but that
still
didn't work. Any ideas? All 2003 products. Thanks!!

Graham Mayor

Because of security considerations, Microsoft changed or eliminated many of
the old filters. They can still be used, provided you are aware that there's
a slight security risk. The version you need is linked from the downloads
page of my web site. This one will provide the functionality you require.

Carla wrote:
I have two clients that called and said they used to be able to go to
Insert, File in Word 2003 and insert an entire Excel spreadsheet or
Power Point presentation, but now gets a file conversion dialogue box
that shows illegible data. I tried and got the same result. I did a
search on Microsoft's KB and here. The only reference I found was
that the excel32.cnv file was needed, so I downloaded the Office 2003
file conversions in the resource kit and installed that and it didn't
help. Then I found the excel32.cnv file and I saved it to the text
convertor folder, but that still didn't work. Any ideas? All 2003
products. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roberta

I downloaded the converter from your site. When I try to insert an Excel
file into Word it appears as if it is going to do it and then I get the
message, "Cannot start the converter excel32.cnv"

Any sugesstions?

Carla wrote:
I have two clients that called and said they used to be able to go to
Insert, File in Word 2003 and insert an entire Excel spreadsheet or
Power Point presentation, but now gets a file conversion dialogue box
that shows illegible data. I tried and got the same result. I did a
search on Microsoft's KB and here. The only reference I found was
that the excel32.cnv file was needed, so I downloaded the Office 2003
file conversions in the resource kit and installed that and it didn't
help. Then I found the excel32.cnv file and I saved it to the text
convertor folder, but that still didn't work. Any ideas? All 2003
products. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roberta

I placed it in the Convert folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\CONVERT\Excel32.zip

I open it and saw a reg file and when I double-clciked it it ask if I wanted
it to be placed in the registry and I said yes.

Carla wrote:
I have two clients that called and said they used to be able to go
to Insert, File in Word 2003 and insert an entire Excel spreadsheet
or Power Point presentation, but now gets a file conversion
dialogue box that shows illegible data. I tried and got the same
result. I did a search on Microsoft's KB and here. The only
reference I found was that the excel32.cnv file was needed, so I
downloaded the Office 2003 file conversions in the resource kit and
installed that and it didn't help. Then I found the excel32.cnv
file and I saved it to the text convertor folder, but that still
didn't work. Any ideas? All 2003 products. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It should go in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\TextConv
as instructed in the accompanying text file and on the web page itself!
When all else fails read the instructions

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 01:04 AM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 07:23 PM