LoobyLou

Default Widow/orphan control not working

Although we have the widow/orphan option is checked - single lines are still
appearing at the top and bottom of pages.

Normal has been formatted to 1.5 spacing with 10 after - might this affect it?

I doubt that the line spacing is the issue here (though I would be wary of
the trickle-down effects of formatting Normal in this way; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...BodyStyles.htm). You might
check these possibilities:

1. Display nonprinting characters and make sure that the single lines are
not freestanding paragraphs. Where a line end and sentence/paragraph end
coincide, this may not be obvious.

2. Make sure that the paragraphs are not formatted as "Keep with next,"
which (if too many paragraphs have this formatting) can cause problems.

3. Make sure these lines are not in a table, where "Keep lines together" and
"Widow/orphan control" have no effect if you have allowed the row to break
across pages.