Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg G

Default stop putting extra line spaces in email

I changed my signature picture and now, when I start a new email,and type my
1st line, after I hit "enter" - I get 2 line spaces instead of one. I want
to only have one line! Have tried everyhting to fix this but can't. I sue
Word as my editor and HTML format.

Also, if I copy and paste something into my email, it is blank and I have to
highlight the text, go in to format, font and change the color to black. How
do I make it dafult blacK??

Thanks,

Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric

Greg,

I had the same problem. HTML adds the equivalent of leading (white space)
after each hard return. The fix I used was to place a "soft return" at the
end of the line. Instead of pressing "Enter" press "Shft+Enter" and the
leading will disappear.

Eric

"Greg G" wrote:

I changed my signature picture and now, when I start a new email,and type my
1st line, after I hit "enter" - I get 2 line spaces instead of one. I want
to only have one line! Have tried everyhting to fix this but can't. I sue
Word as my editor and HTML format.

Also, if I copy and paste something into my email, it is blank and I have to
highlight the text, go in to format, font and change the color to black. How
do I make it dafult blacK??

Thanks,

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ivanwalsh

hi Greg,

Also, if I copy and paste something into my email, it is blank and I have to
highlight the text, go in to format, font and change the color to black. How
do I make it dafult blacK??

If you're using Microsoft Outlook....

1. From the *main* Outlook window, click Options on the Tools menu, and
then click the *Mail Format* tab.

2. In the Compose in this message format, select Plain Text from the
drop-down menu.

Should work.

Ivan

www.ivanwalsh.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg G

Thanks Eric,

That did work but I type a bunch of emails every day so i don't want to have
to take that extra step. It is really strange because I was not having this
problem, until i changed my signature picker to adjust it and now I have that
problem. I can't figure out how to eliminate the problem. I had the same
problem a year or two ago but can't remember how we resolved it. I guess
I'll keep trying. Wish MS had alive customer support line I could call.

Thanks again for your response.

Greg

"Greg G" wrote:

I changed my signature picture and now, when I start a new email,and type my
1st line, after I hit "enter" - I get 2 line spaces instead of one. I want
to only have one line! Have tried everyhting to fix this but can't. I sue
Word as my editor and HTML format.

Also, if I copy and paste something into my email, it is blank and I have to
highlight the text, go in to format, font and change the color to black. How
do I make it dafult blacK??

Thanks,

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg G

Thanks Ivan. The problem is that I want to sue the HTML format as I want the
color and better format. I didn't have this problem until I chnaged my
signature picker to a better version which inlcuded my company name in color.
I;m sure there is a way to fix it, just don't know the key.

Thanks,

Greg

"ivanwalsh" wrote:

hi Greg,

Also, if I copy and paste something into my email, it is blank and I have to
highlight the text, go in to format, font and change the color to black. How
do I make it dafult blacK??

If you're using Microsoft Outlook....

1. From the *main* Outlook window, click Options on the Tools menu, and
then click the *Mail Format* tab.

2. In the Compose in this message format, select Plain Text from the
drop-down menu.

Should work.

Ivan

www.ivanwalsh.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are using HTML format, a paragraph break (Enter) is going to be
interpreted as two line breaks (Shift+Enter). I don't believe there is any
way to change that, though possibly the style being used for emails can be
modified. I've never used Word as my email editor, so I'm not sure.

"Greg G" wrote in message
Thanks Ivan. The problem is that I want to sue the HTML format as I want

the
color and better format. I didn't have this problem until I chnaged my
signature picker to a better version which inlcuded my company name in

color.
I;m sure there is a way to fix it, just don't know the key.

Thanks,

Greg

"ivanwalsh" wrote:

hi Greg,

Also, if I copy and paste something into my email, it is blank and I

have to
highlight the text, go in to format, font and change the color to

black. How
do I make it dafult blacK??

If you're using Microsoft Outlook....

1. From the *main* Outlook window, click Options on the Tools menu, and
then click the *Mail Format* tab.

2. In the Compose in this message format, select Plain Text from the
drop-down menu.

Should work.

Ivan

www.ivanwalsh.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg G

Hi Suzanne,

Tunrs out i FIXED it myself. Here's what I did:

In WORD:
1. Opened new doc.
2. Opened Format then paragraph - then spacing and changed "spacing after"
from "auto" to "o pt.". - then hit "ok"
3. Then went to "Tools" - clicked "Options" - then checked "prompt for Doc
Properties" and checked "Prompt for Normal Template" - then clicked "Default
Format" drop down box under "Save Word files as" and changed from "Word Doc
(*.doc) to "Document Template (*.dot)". Then clicked "OK".
4. I then closed Word and closed Outlook, rebooted to be sure all was reset
- then Opened Outlook and wa la!!! New email messages only single line space
after I hit return on each line!!!

All solved!! Thanks to all who offered suggestions but I am all set.

Greg

"Greg G" wrote in message
Thanks Ivan. The problem is that I want to sue the HTML format as I want

the
color and better format. I didn't have this problem until I chnaged my
signature picker to a better version which inlcuded my company name in

color.
I;m sure there is a way to fix it, just don't know the key.

Thanks,

Greg

"ivanwalsh" wrote:

hi Greg,

Also, if I copy and paste something into my email, it is blank and I

have to
highlight the text, go in to format, font and change the color to

black. How
do I make it dafult blacK??

If you're using Microsoft Outlook....

1. From the *main* Outlook window, click Options on the Tools menu, and
then click the *Mail Format* tab.

2. In the Compose in this message format, select Plain Text from the
drop-down menu.

Should work.

Ivan

www.ivanwalsh.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kwiz40 kwiz40 is offline

I had the exact same problem cause by the same signature editing. It turns
out that if I select plain text, type one email, and then go back and select
HTML, my original single spaced defaults came back. Very strange.
Karen

"Greg G" wrote:

Thanks Ivan. The problem is that I want to sue the HTML format as I want the
color and better format. I didn't have this problem until I chnaged my
signature picker to a better version which inlcuded my company name in color.
I;m sure there is a way to fix it, just don't know the key.

Thanks,

Greg

hi Greg,