Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ElliottQ

Default warning re "do you want to save changes" on closing unchanged file

i have hundreds of word documents created in various versions of word.
currently I used word 2002. when I open a document to view it and then
without making ANY change at all, I close it, one of two things happens:
1) it closes
2) I get a warning sound and dialog box saying "do you want to save changes."

The second type of response is annoying and a waste of time when I have done
nothing at all, not even moved my cursor thru the document. I have explored
the documents for which I get response 1 vs. response 2. I cannot find a
difference. Can someone tell me why some documents close immediately and
others do not, and if there is anything I can do to change that? Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See €śWD2002: You Are Prompted to Save Changes When You Close a Document Even
Though You Have Made No Changes€ť
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816473

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"ElliottQ" wrote:

i have hundreds of word documents created in various versions of word.
currently I used word 2002. when I open a document to view it and then
without making ANY change at all, I close it, one of two things happens:
1) it closes
2) I get a warning sound and dialog box saying "do you want to save changes."

The second type of response is annoying and a waste of time when I have done
nothing at all, not even moved my cursor thru the document. I have explored
the documents for which I get response 1 vs. response 2. I cannot find a
difference. Can someone tell me why some documents close immediately and
others do not, and if there is anything I can do to change that? Thank you

"Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error" Donald Microsoft Word Help 4 November 25th 06 04:40 AM
Does Word Viewer 2003 save the file to open? FrogDog Microsoft Word Help 4 October 19th 05 05:39 PM
Can I recover a MS Word file that I did not actually save? In Need of Help Microsoft Word Help 1 October 12th 05 03:05 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
~WRL1233.tmp John Campbell Microsoft Word Help 9 March 18th 05 02:43 PM