John

Default Easiest Way to have access functionality in Excel or vice-versa?

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:28:47 -0400, A strange species called "Douglas
J Steele" wrote:

It sounds to me more like you need an Access database than an Excel
spreadsheet. In my opinion, Excel is far better for analysing data, rather
than working with the data one row at a time. Recognize, though, that you
can't just take a spreadsheet and implement it in Access. To be effective,
an Access application should have a properly normalized database.

I'd be very surprised if you could create a form in Excel that couldn't be
reproduced in Access.

I don't see anything in your writeup that suggests that you're actually
going to be mailing the reports, so I'm not sure how mail & merge fits into
the equation.

Thanks for the reply. I have gone the Access route and have made some
great progress so far.

I imported the spreadsheet data from Excel to Access.

I went through the wizard to create a form.

I then created another form in design view and copied the original
form/layout design from Excel to Access. I then copied the fields
from the first form the wizard made into the right sections of the
design.

I am just a little stuck now though.

The form that the wizard made is okay in Form View and displays all
the data from the table, but the form I made and copied the fields to
has strange words in all the fields and isn't getting the data from
the table.

It is displaying #Name? in all the fields. And there are no records to
move to the next one etc in Form View as with the form the wizard
created.

Do you know how I can fix this so it relates to the right fields from
the table?

I am guessing I need to click on each field and then go to properties
and there must be something in there I need to do to get it to relate
to the table data?

Thanks very much for any help

John