Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] redpears007@hotmail.com is offline

Default Extracting specific Text from Word Document

Hi all,

I have done some major trawlling of help, google etc and can't find an
answer to this poser!

I have inherited a huge document that has lots of action points, what
I need to do is extract these points into a new document or 'Action
Plan'. WIthout altering that original document

I have looked at bookmarking the points and extracting them into a new
document, but can't find a way to do this.

I have looked at mail merging, by using the bookmarks in the main doc
to create a new document but this doesn't seem to work either.

This looks like its is no go-er, i'm not an advanced user of word but
it seems like something that should be simple.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you apply a specific style to these action points, a style not used for
anything else in the document, then you can create a "table of contents"
(TOC) based on just this style (actually, the easiest way to do this is to
use a Table of Figures instead, selecting the specific style). You can then
cut or copy the TOC, paste it into a new document, and immediately unlink it
(Ctrl+Shift+F9) to convert it to ordinary text.

wrote in message
Hi all,

I have done some major trawlling of help, google etc and can't find an
answer to this poser!

I have inherited a huge document that has lots of action points, what
I need to do is extract these points into a new document or 'Action
Plan'. WIthout altering that original document

I have looked at bookmarking the points and extracting them into a new
document, but can't find a way to do this.

I have looked at mail merging, by using the bookmarks in the main doc
to create a new document but this doesn't seem to work either.

This looks like its is no go-er, i'm not an advanced user of word but
it seems like something that should be simple.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] redpears007@hotmail.com is offline

Suzanne You are a Star!

Thanks very much for your reply, I knew there had to be a
workaround.

wrote in message

Hi all,

I have done some major trawlling of help, google etc and can't find an
answer to this poser!

I have inherited a huge document that has lots of action points, what
I need to do is extract these points into a new document or 'Action
Plan'. WIthout altering that original document

I have looked at bookmarking the points and extracting them into a new
document, but can't find a way to do this.

I have looked at mail merging, by using the bookmarks in the main doc
to create a new document but this doesn't seem to work either.

This looks like its is no go-er, i'm not an advanced user of word but
it seems like something that should be simple.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks- Hide quoted text -