Mike

Default working w/ multiple templates

I have created several templates in Word 2000. I wonder if there is anyway
to tie corresponding fields together so that information entered into one
template is automatically entered into all corresponding fields in other
template documents?

Thanks,
Mike

That's not what a master document is, but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you bookmark the information in one document/template, you can use
INCLUDETEXT fields to insert it in the others. Alternatively, you can

create
AutoText entries and insert AutoText *fields* in all the templates.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mike" wrote in message
news
I have created several templates in Word 2000. I wonder if there is

anyway
to tie corresponding fields together so that information entered into

one
template is automatically entered into all corresponding fields in

other
template documents?

Thanks,
Mike

Charles Kenyon

I tend to use mailmerge for this. I put the common information in a data
file and merge to create the separate documents.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Mike" wrote in message
news
I have created several templates in Word 2000. I wonder if there is anyway
to tie corresponding fields together so that information entered into one
template is automatically entered into all corresponding fields in other
template documents?

Thanks,
Mike

mike

I have been playing around with the includetext and can't figure it out, do
you know where i can find any tutorials or something?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you bookmark the information in one document/template, you can use
INCLUDETEXT fields to insert it in the others. Alternatively, you can

create
AutoText entries and insert AutoText *fields* in all the templates.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mike" wrote in message
news I have created several templates in Word 2000. I wonder if there is
anyway
to tie corresponding fields together so that information entered into

one
template is automatically entered into all corresponding fields in

other
template documents?

Thanks,
Mike

Charles Kenyon

You'll find mailmerge a lot less complex. It requires creating a data
source, but from there it is pretty straightforward. Otherwise, using
includetext works but it is cumbersome because bookmarks are very fragile.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

That's not what a master document is, but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm

so
all may benefit.