Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] cwhitneyceramics@gmail.com is offline

Default How do I remove pleadings from a document in word.

I need it to not be on pleadings as it is a Bar Association document and they have different requirements. Word when I cut and paste it out onto a new document keeps selecting pleadings itself.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is no one element called "pleadings" that you can remove from a
document, but documents created with the Pleading Wizard use a template that
includes, among other things, a text box anchored to the header that
contains fixed line numbers. Other elements of the pleading may also be
elements anchored to the header. You can easily open the header and delete
them. Alternatively, create a new document based on the Normal template (or
the template your Bar Association provides), press Enter a couple of times
to create some empty paragraphs (you can later remove them, but you need the
document not to be completely empty), then use Insert | File (Word 2003 and
earlier) or Insert | Text | Object | Text from File (Word 2007/2010) to
insert the existing file into your new document. The header, footer, and
other section information of the original document will be lost; see also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...ectionInfo.htm.

http://word.mvps.org