Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fran Fran is offline

Default Adding a comment to a specific part in a field

I am having problems adding a comment to a field. The field created is an
IncludeText field, but I am in a team that reviews each other's work. The
way we do this is by adding comments to each other's section of a document.
Therefore, we typically add a comments to usually a sentence or just a few
words. However, in Word 2007, if I want to add a comment to a single word
that is in the field, it will add the comment to the entire field, not just
the single word. How can I overcome this? Also, do you know how to remove a
field once it is added?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

To remove the field, you should be able to delete as though it was text.
By pressing the delete key or the backspace key depending on where your
cursor is in relation to the field. For me, I usually hit delete,
delete. Not real sure why, but after the first press of the delete key,
typically the field darkens and indicates that the entire thing is
selected.

HOWEVER, if what you really want to do, is keep the convert the field to
text, select the field and press CTRL+SHIFT+F9

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Fran" wrote in message
:

I am having problems adding a comment to a field. The field created is an
IncludeText field, but I am in a team that reviews each other's work. The
way we do this is by adding comments to each other's section of a document.
Therefore, we typically add a comments to usually a sentence or just a few
words. However, in Word 2007, if I want to add a comment to a single word
that is in the field, it will add the comment to the entire field, not just
the single word. How can I overcome this? Also, do you know how to remove a
field once it is added?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/25/2007 8:02 AM