goenviro goenviro is offline
Junior Member

Default Custom lookup and autofill in table

I use the same table with 5 columns and different numbers of rows several times in a single document which i use to report on the condition of drains. This document is used repeatedly for different customers and surveys.
In the first column i place a code for example JD, in the second column I add the survey reference point ie MH6 (manhole 6), in the 3rd column i add the position it is in within the pipe ie 6.2m, in the 4th column I explain the short code used in column 1 which in this case would be "Joint displacement - small - contraflow". Is there any way that I can get word to autofill the 4th column based on the code in column 1 for that row?
I may also want to edit the information post filling ie change it from contra flow to with flow?
Being that I am such a slow typer a succesful answer to this would help me out big time

Custom lookup and autofill in table goenviro Tables 0 February 24th 12 04:31 PM
Autofill table noviceman Tables 0 January 25th 08 01:16 AM
Lookup table error Word 2000 GTS Mailmerge 5 October 17th 05 08:38 AM
Autofill document based upon input in table Brian Microsoft Word Help 1 September 7th 05 05:03 PM
Acronym lookup table Small Person Tables 1 August 1st 05 08:45 PM