Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Open template with explorer

Hallo!
I'd like to open word template file (exemple: xxx.dot) throu one
(example: xx.htm) file. Opend file should be .doc and not .dot file. I
have made link to file.

Please help me!

Thanks all!

Robi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't believe this is possible. You need to instruct users, when they get
the prompt, to choose Save rather than Open. After the .dot file has been
saved to the HD, then double-clicking on it will create a document based on
the template.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hallo!
I'd like to open word template file (exemple: xxx.dot) throu one
(example: xx.htm) file. Opend file should be .doc and not .dot file. I
have made link to file.

Please help me!

Thanks all!

Robi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Than you Suzanne!
I get one idea I can put attribute to read only and users wil be forced
to safe as... and not just safe...

Robi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I made a Macro to do that but I don't know how to start macro with
click on one or a few words in word file.

Can you help me about that?

Thanks in advance!
Robi

How do i stop the Template Help from opening when open a document No-L Microsoft Word Help 1 February 2nd 06 05:26 PM
Template behavior in Windows Explorer Shhted Microsoft Word Help 3 October 14th 05 10:05 PM
CPU Usage When working with a Template I Created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 6 May 24th 05 04:38 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
open document based on a template ties up that template Tim Wallin Microsoft Word Help 1 April 8th 05 10:49 PM