Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cher Cher is offline

Default Emailing Word documents

i have prepared a document in 2007 Office Word and emailed it out. They were
unable to open it. How do I send it so that others can open it. It would
not take Adobe Reader.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Save it from Word 2007 in Word 97-2003 format.
I don't understand the relevance of Adobe Reader here?

Cher wrote:
i have prepared a document in 2007 Office Word and emailed it out.
They were unable to open it. How do I send it so that others can
open it. It would not take Adobe Reader.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

Cher wrote:
i have prepared a document in 2007 Office Word and emailed it out.
They were unable to open it. How do I send it so that others can
open it. It would not take Adobe Reader.

Save it in Rich Text Format (.RTF). Save As, and choose rtf from the
dropdown box. Most any program can read RTF documents.
Or, look at the options in Save As dropdown; if you know the version they
have, use their version.

In either case, anything that Vista can do that the other programs cannot,
will not be included in the files you send.

HTH
Pop`

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bella Bella is offline

"Cher" wrote:

i have prepared a document in 2007 Office Word and emailed it out. They were
unable to open it. How do I send it so that others can open it. It would
not take Adobe Reader.

emailing word documents Dee Dee Microsoft Word Help 2 April 10th 07 03:54 PM
emailing word documents emailing word documents Microsoft Word Help 2 September 27th 06 07:59 PM
emailing documents shell New Users 3 October 20th 05 07:30 AM
Emailing Word Documents Jason Morris Microsoft Word Help 2 September 14th 05 08:50 PM
Headers/Footers when emailing Word Documents Darren Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 05 09:51 PM