Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Painter Mark Painter is offline

Default Text Rotation in Word 2007

I am trying to rotate a small text box in Word 2007.

In Word Help, it says under "Rotate a picture, shape, text box, or WordArt "
:-
"Click the picture shape, text box or WordArt that you want to rotate.
Do one of the following:
Drag the rotation handle"

But I can not find the rotation handle - I am going mad trying to get it to
work.
Sorry for being such an idiot, but can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Painter[_2_] Mark Painter[_2_] is offline

In addition, under the Text Box Format Menu, there is a 'Rotate' button which
when you click it has all the options greyed out except 'More Rotate Options'
Clicking on 'More rotate options' brings up a series of format options -
none of which relate to Rotate!

Help!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you sure it's a text box (an old feature) and not a frame
(introduced recently)?

On Jan 27, 6:49*am, Mark Painter
wrote:
In addition, under the Text Box Format Menu, there is a 'Rotate' button which
when you click it has all the options greyed out except 'More Rotate Options'
Clicking on 'More rotate options' brings up a series of format options *-
none of which relate to Rotate!

Help!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The frame is the old feature (going back to the beginnings of Word). The
text box was introduced more recently.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
In addition, under the Text Box Format Menu, there is a 'Rotate' button
which
when you click it has all the options greyed out except 'More Rotate
Options'
Clicking on 'More rotate options' brings up a series of format options -
none of which relate to Rotate!

Help!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can rotate a drawing object (including text boxes) provided its text
wrapping is set to something other than In Line With Text. But rotating a
text box will not rotate the text inside it. That can be accomplished using
the Text Direction command for the text box, but rotation is permitted only
90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise.

http://word.mvps.org

"Mark Painter" Mark wrote in message
I am trying to rotate a small text box in Word 2007.

In Word Help, it says under "Rotate a picture, shape, text box, or WordArt
"
:-