rutica rutica is offline
Junior Member

Default How to create a bookmark

I am using Internet Explorer 6, Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3, and Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003.

I have a Word document on the Sharepoint site. The Word document has a bookmark in it that I named Classification.

I put the bookmark in the URL: h'ttp://op.ds.../HA/Material/Document%20Library3/1/User%20Guide.doc#Classification

It works fine for me: when I click the URL, it opens the Word document and puts the cursor at the Classification bookmark. Great.

But when I asked my colleague to test it, the cursor went only to the first page of the document, not to the bookmark.

Could it have to do with Sharepoint rights? I have admin rights while he has readonly. If so, is there a way to force the bookmark to work?

Thanks!

Last edited by rutica : February 8th 11 at 02:34 PM
rutica rutica is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutica View Post
I am using Internet Explorer 6, Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3, and Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003.

I have a Word document on the Sharepoint site. The Word document has a bookmark in it that I named Classification.

I put the bookmark in the URL: h'ttp://op.ds.../HA/Material/Document%20Library3/1/User%20Guide.doc#Classification

It works fine for me: when I click the URL, it opens the Word document and puts the cursor at the Classification bookmark. Great.

But when I asked my colleague to test it, the cursor went only to the first page of the document, not to the bookmark.

Could it have to do with Sharepoint rights? I have admin rights while he has readonly. If so, is there a way to force the bookmark to work?

Thanks!

I think I narrowed down the problem:

Sometimes when I click on the link, the document opens in Microsoft Word and the bookmark does not work.

But sometimes the document opens in Internet Explorer and the bookmark does work.

So I am trying to figure out either: how to force the document to use IE to open (instead of Word). Or how to create a link that contains a bookmark that works when the document is opened with Microsoft Word.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Last edited by rutica : February 8th 11 at 02:34 PM
rutica rutica is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutica View Post
I think I narrowed down the problem:

Sometimes when I click on the link, the document opens in Microsoft Word and the bookmark does not work.

But sometimes the document opens in Internet Explorer and the bookmark does work.

So I am trying to figure out either: how to force the document to use IE to open (instead of Word). Or how to create a link that contains a bookmark that works when the document is opened with Microsoft Word.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks