Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Acrobat tab vs. printing to pdf driver

I was ready to make a pdf of my file, and I noticed that the Acrobat
tab was sitting up there on the Ribbon, so I clicked the first icon,
for making a pdf.

It inserted a period (.) at the beginning of each numbered heading and
before each footnote reference, and periods around the examples of a
Chinese and a Japanese character with miniature pronunciation
characters alongside.

After proofing the printout and correcting the file, I made the pdf
with Ctrl-P and selecting the pdf "printer," and it made a pdf without
all the extra garbage.