Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ll

Default Searching for specific data in specific column

I have a document containing all my data. Theres about 5 columns. One
column is named €śPlan€ť and another named €śCCs€ť. I made a main document and
inserted the field €śPlan€ť. I would like to find all the Plans (in the €śPlan€ť
column) that have the name €śSmith€ť in the €śCCs€ť column. I tried clicking
€śFind Entry€ť on the mail merge toolbar and typing the name €śSmith€ť and
selecting the €śCCs€ť column, while I am in the main document with the field
€śPlan€ť. But I get a message that tells me €śThe search item was not found.€ť
It is definitely there. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
ll
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TedMi

Word is not really meant to do this. This is database functionality (provided
by e.g. Access), but it can also be done with a spreadsheet like Excel. Try
one of those programs to hold your data and perform searches on it.
--
Ted