Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzan

Default shrinking a page for printing

You know how you can shrink a page in Excel so that it will fit? Is there any
way to do that in Word? We don't want to make the table smaller because folks
are adding information to it but we want it to print on one page. As usual,
all assistance is taken seriously.

Suzan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Hi Suzan:

In Excel, click on File | Page Set Up

Once there, Under Fit To, delete the figure in by Tall. That should make it
all fit on one page, although it will make the print very, very small if you
have a large worksheet.

"Suzan" wrote:

You know how you can shrink a page in Excel so that it will fit? Is there any
way to do that in Word? We don't want to make the table smaller because folks
are adding information to it but we want it to print on one page. As usual,
all assistance is taken seriously.

Suzan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

There isn't a Fit to Page option in Word, as there is in Excel. However,
you can use the Keep With Next, Keep Lines Together or the Page Break before
paragraph formatting options to control how text flow across page breaks.

All of the aforementioned options are access by clicking FORMAT in the menu,
clicking on PARAGRAPH in the drop-down menu and then clicking the LINE AND
PAGE BREAKS tab in the paragraph formatting dialog box.

It's a bit more work, but it does give you better control.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Suzan" wrote:

You know how you can shrink a page in Excel so that it will fit? Is there any
way to do that in Word? We don't want to make the table smaller because folks
are adding information to it but we want it to print on one page. As usual,
all assistance is taken seriously.

Suzan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...886751033.aspx .

Suzan wrote:

You know how you can shrink a page in Excel so that it will fit? Is there any
way to do that in Word? We don't want to make the table smaller because folks
are adding information to it but we want it to print on one page. As usual,
all assistance is taken seriously.

Suzan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Kevin B wrote:
There isn't a Fit to Page option in Word, as there is in Excel.

Actually there is. It's available from the print preview screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

I can't believe I've never seen it before, but it's true.

Thanks for the correction.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Kevin B wrote:
There isn't a Fit to Page option in Word, as there is in Excel.

Actually there is. It's available from the print preview screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzan

Thanks everyone - we'll try it out. However, the directions do say that it's
mostly good for a file that has a few lines on the last page. This is a table
so ....

Suzan wrote:

You know how you can shrink a page in Excel so that it will fit? Is there any
way to do that in Word? We don't want to make the table smaller because folks
are adding information to it but we want it to print on one page. As usual,
all assistance is taken seriously.

Suzan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Suzan: There are a couple of ways you could accomplish this. One way is to
use the "Shrink to fit" toolbar button in Print Preview, which is rarely
helpful. Another is to create it, for instance, on 11 x 17 layout and print
at 50%. But there is nothing REALLY similar to Excel's fit to page.
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

page setup SP Page Layout 6 November 14th 05 07:08 PM
Page numbers vgardner Microsoft Word Help 5 November 5th 05 04:10 AM
Page numbering and un-numbering Elbert Page Layout 2 July 8th 05 03:33 PM
Print individual page in book fold AnnetteClements Microsoft Word Help 2 July 5th 05 01:18 AM