Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alex Alex is offline

Default How can I open an "openoffice" ".odt" file in Word 2003

I have Office 2003 at home, and I am given Openoffice at work. I emailed
some ".odt" files home so I could do some work, and I can't open them in
Word 2003.

Maybe I just need to download Openoffice.

Openoffice has no problem working with Microsoft Office files.

Thanks for any help

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There is no import filter to allow Word to open .odt files. You can
save the files in .doc format from OpenOffice and mail those to your
home. It might be easier, though, to install OpenOffice at home. The
price is right :-) and there's no problem with having both programs on
the same machine.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 17:45:48 -0800, "Alex" wrote:

I have Office 2003 at home, and I am given Openoffice at work. I emailed
some ".odt" files home so I could do some work, and I can't open them in
Word 2003.

Maybe I just need to download Openoffice.

Openoffice has no problem working with Microsoft Office files.

Thanks for any help

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Alex

MS has promised an addin for Office 2007 that supports Open Document format.
I haven't seen it yet though.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Alex" wrote in message
I have Office 2003 at home, and I am given Openoffice at work. I emailed
some ".odt" files home so I could do some work, and I can't open them in
Word 2003.

Maybe I just need to download Openoffice.

Openoffice has no problem working with Microsoft Office files.

Thanks for any help

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...OpenXMLPR.mspx

Terry Farrell wrote:

Alex

MS has promised an addin for Office 2007 that supports Open Document
format. I haven't seen it yet though.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Thanks for that: I still haven't tried it though.

Terry

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Terry Farrell wrote:

Alex

MS has promised an addin for Office 2007 that supports Open Document
format. I haven't seen it yet though.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Me neither.

Terry Farrell wrote:

Alex

MS has promised an addin for Office 2007 that supports Open Document
format. I haven't seen it yet though.

Can't open file in Office 2003 Word or Excel from Windows Explorer Larry Frohman Microsoft Word Help 11 November 16th 06 03:55 PM
Can't get Word 2003 to keep data file with mail merge main documen Yourcareercoach Mailmerge 9 August 10th 06 12:19 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM