frustrated

Default how do I scan a document into work for editing

how do I scan a document into work for editing. I have "acquire text" at
work and can scan there but I cannot find "acquire text" in my word program
at home. I tried using my epsom scanner and scanning to OCR but that does
not work either.
Someone please help
CyberTaz

Hi Frustrated-

The info supplied is not sufficient for a specific answer, but here are a
couple of ideas:

Not all versions of Word support direct scanning. Since you don't mention
which versions you are using at work or at home, this may or may not be a
factor.

If the Epson unit/software supports OCR scans, you may need to check the
file type you are saving the scan file in. It must be saved as Text, RTF, or
some other text format in order for word to open/edit it. Even an OCR scan is
pointless if the file gets saved in a graphic format (jpeg, tiff, etc.).

If the file is in an appropriate format you should be able to open it in
Word, edit it, and save as a Word document, as well as be able to copy/cut
from it to another Word doc.

Good Luck |:)

"frustrated" wrote:

how do I scan a document into work for editing. I have "acquire text" at
work and can scan there but I cannot find "acquire text" in my word program
at home. I tried using my epsom scanner and scanning to OCR but that does
not work either.
Someone please help

Scan a Text document to word,and type within the document. Cynthia Microsoft Word Help 4 July 10th 06 09:15 PM
I want to work with a 2 page document in landscape mode Billy O'Sullivan Microsoft Word Help 1 June 12th 05 04:09 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Document Map Question PosseJohn Page Layout 2 March 23rd 05 02:27 PM
Scan a Text document to word,and type within the document. ceesabine Microsoft Word Help 0 January 20th 05 01:43 AM