Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nicole

Default How do I change existing headers and footers?

We have a catalog of courses that was set up by somebody other than myself
(somebody who had more knowledge of headers and footers). We have made
changes and continue to make changes to our catalog, but we need to change
the titles of the pages. I have tried same as preview, adding a new break
for a section, typing in the change, and many other things, but it always
comes back to the way it was or changes to the previous item. For example,
page 150 has Mathematics/Organizational Marketing, now I just need to change
page 150 to Mathematics, but every time I change it switches back or doesn't
stay Mathematics. Thank you for your time and effort.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There are basically two ways to have different header/footer text. One is to
insert section breaks and break the link between sections (using the Same as
Previous or Link to Previous button on the Header and Footer toolbar). The
other is to use a StyleRef field in the header/footer to pick up text on the
page itself. If you suspect a field may be involved, pressing Alt+F9 will
display field codes so you can see what you're working with.

For more on headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

For more on StyleRef fields, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm