Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boe

Default how to change the author's name on file document

All of my file documents are saved as the author under "HP authorized
customer." I need to know how to save my file documents under my name as the
author.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the User Information tab. Type
in your name (and, optionally, initials and address). This fixes the
problem for future documents (based on the Normal template). To change
the name in existing documents, edit the Author field on the Summary
tab of the FileProperties dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Boe" wrote in message
All of my file documents are saved as the author under "HP
authorized
customer." I need to know how to save my file documents under my
name as the
author.

Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Why does document protection change when file is uploaded to web? DUkaren Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 05 04:59 PM
how do i change a word document to a .txt file Blaine Microsoft Word Help 1 April 5th 05 09:22 PM