Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MonroeC MonroeC is offline

Default 'Company Name' in address format

I am using Office 2003. When creating single envelopes in Word 2003, you can
insert addresses from Outlook Contact file. I haven't been able to include
the 'Company Name' as a part of the address. I have to insert a line and type
it in each time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can do this by one of two methods.

1. Use an envelope template (you can download samples with the address
function automatically applied from my web site) The envelopes use the
methods described at http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm
or
2. Create an autotext entry called AddressLayout in normal.dot (or in the
template used for your letters) with the following content (copy from here)

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

MonroeC wrote:
I am using Office 2003. When creating single envelopes in Word 2003,
you can insert addresses from Outlook Contact file. I haven't been
able to include the 'Company Name' as a part of the address. I have
to insert a line and type it in each time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MonroeC MonroeC is offline

Graham I am not authorized to modify any default formats. However, I am not
sure we are on the same page. I simply want to be able to include the Company
Name from my Outlook contact when using, "TOOL,LETTERS&MAILING, ENVELOPES" to
generate (1) envelope. I am not trying to use mail merge. I may or may not
have a company name always and changing a template appears to be all or
nothing, will I have blank lines in those cases? If we are on the same page
and this is the only way to accomplish what I want, I will consult my IST
staff about modifying the template.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you actually read the links?

There was nothing in my reply that mentioned mail merge. The only way to add
the Company to the envelope/label tool is to add the autotext entry as
described, which will add the company when it is available.

The template has nothing to do with company defaults. It is simply a macro
driven document template that works from the File New dialog and is
supplementary to whatever you have now. It doesn't work through the
envelope/label tool, but my manipulating the macro it gives far more control
over what apepars on the envelope. The downloadable samples are size #10.

MonroeC wrote:
Graham I am not authorized to modify any default formats. However, I
am not sure we are on the same page. I simply want to be able to
include the Company Name from my Outlook contact when using,
"TOOL,LETTERS&MAILING, ENVELOPES" to generate (1) envelope. I am not
trying to use mail merge. I may or may not have a company name always
and changing a template appears to be all or nothing, will I have
blank lines in those cases? If we are on the same page and this is
the only way to accomplish what I want, I will consult my IST staff
about modifying the template.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MonroeC MonroeC is offline

Yep, I read your links. Thanks for the info, you finally answered my
question, it doesn't work through the envelope/label tool. Have a great day!