Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amber amber is offline

Default Checkboxes

I have added a checkbox to a form and when I send the document to a coworker,
she can perform all tasks but the checkbox. When I open the file, it asks to
enable macros but when she opens it, the system does not ask.

How can I send I file that has a macro(checkbox) in it and have others be
able to use it?????

Thanks for a ny help that comes my way.'
Amber
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Amber:

Macros can be stored in several different places. If you haven't spedified
where you wanted to save your macros, Word probably saved them in your
Normal.dot file.

The "ideal" way to share macros is to put them in a document template, or a
global add-in tools template. It's probably not a great idea to store macros
in a document, though it can be done.

If you just want to send a single file containing code to another user, you
can copy it using the VBE (Alt + F11) or Word's Organizer function.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amber amber is offline

Bear,

Thanks for the information but another question.

I did save it in the DOT file. When I open it, it asks me to"enable"
macros. Once I have sent the DOT file via email and the others open it, it
does not ask....

What have a done incorrectly????

"Bear" wrote:

Amber:

Macros can be stored in several different places. If you haven't spedified
where you wanted to save your macros, Word probably saved them in your
Normal.dot file.

The "ideal" way to share macros is to put them in a document template, or a
global add-in tools template. It's probably not a great idea to store macros
in a document, though it can be done.

If you just want to send a single file containing code to another user, you
can copy it using the VBE (Alt + F11) or Word's Organizer function.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Amber:

There are two reasons why you might get that message while others do not.

1. Your macro security settings are higher than those of others.

2. Despite what you think, there is no code stored in the file you're sending.

On the target user's machine, open the DOT file you've sent and verify that
the code is in place.

If the code is there, run it from the VBE using F8 or F5. If it works, then
perhaps you've customized a keyboard shortcut, but saved that customization
in your Normal.dot, rather than in the DOT file you're sending.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Web Checkboxes Jane Microsoft Word Help 0 August 17th 07 02:08 AM
Checkboxes Mary Microsoft Word Help 1 October 24th 06 07:59 PM
checkboxes childothe1980s Microsoft Word Help 3 May 5th 06 04:52 PM
Checkboxes Shaz Microsoft Word Help 2 October 6th 05 01:16 PM
Checkboxes? Alesha Microsoft Word Help 2 February 1st 05 05:04 AM