Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
val

Default How to change default text allignment for new documents in word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Start by explaining what it is you are trying to do in this large white
space:

See http://addbalance.com/word/defaultfont.htm. Instead of changing the font
formatting, you are changing the paragraph formatting but the same methods
still apply.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"val" wrote in message
news

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm, but
note that you do not want to (for example) format Normal style as Justified.
Instead, modify the formatting of Body Text style (or some other) and apply
that style to the default empty paragraph in Normal.dot.

"val" wrote in message
news

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Start by explaining what it is you are trying to do in this large white
space:

OK, first hi and thank you for taking the time to help me with this issue.

The configuration, I have Win xp pro with 2003 office pro installed. I use
two languages the default is English an additional one is Hebrew.

The problem.... when I open new document in Word (or any other Ms Office
outlook) the document openes in Right to Left alignment and Hebrew as the
language.
I would like to change it so any new document in word or new email in
outlook will have by default Left to Right allignment with english as a
language.

See http://addbalance.com/word/defaultfont.htm. Instead of changing the font
formatting, you are changing the paragraph formatting but the same methods
still apply.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"val" wrote in message
news

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Sorry. I have never used a different direction language so I don't know what
the settings are. You can set a base style defined as being in English,
though.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

[...]