Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
teebee0831 teebee0831 is offline

Default Outline Number Continued

Is there a way to have the first level number repeat to subsequent pages?
When you have a number with quite a few sub topics that expand across
multiple pages, it is cumbersome to have to flip back to find what the topic
for the section is.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Check out the Help on a Field called StyleRef. This is very useful, say in
the Footer, to do exactly what you describe. AND you don't need Section
Breaks between the chapters to have the Footer be "different" throughout the
document, very tidy.
Hope this helps
DeanH