Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JenC JenC is offline

Default Using Track Changes with Emailed Documents

Hello,

I am a fairly competent Word user, but I've always been a bit confused by
Track Changes when working on a document that's edited via email. I'm hoping
someone can point me to a resource that might explain so I can understand it
once and for all!

I seem to remember that in older versions of Word (maybe a few versions
ago), there was an option to open a document received by email, make changes
(using the Track Changes feature), then email it back to the sender with
changes.

I can no longer figure out a way to do this. It seems that if someone sends
me a document to review, I need to open it, make the tracked changes, then
save it to my own files before emailing it back to them. This is very
annoying - I don't need multiple copies of these documents littering my
files, and if I do need to refer to the changes I made, they will be captured
in the email I sent back. It's just one more step for me to go back and
manually delete the created file.

Is there a way to do this without saving first? Or is this another example
of Word trying to save me from myself and making things more complicated in
the process?

Thanks,
Jen