Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa

Default Why does my printed document look different than print preview

When I print my document it does not look the same. The font is smaller, and
the right margin is 2 1/2 inches. My page setup is for 1" margins all the
way around. I am in Normal View, have no scaling selected. I cannot figure
out why it will not print the same.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

You probably have tracked changes and/or comments in the
document. In Word 2002 or 2003, click on File | Print. In the
"Print what" box, be sure to select "Document" (not "Document
showing markup"). Click on OK to print.

Lisa wrote:

When I print my document it does not look the same. The font is smaller, and
the right margin is 2 1/2 inches. My page setup is for 1" margins all the
way around. I am in Normal View, have no scaling selected. I cannot figure
out why it will not print the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larissa25 Larissa25 is offline

Once again, you've helped me, too. I'm new to Word 2003 and I keep getting
thrown when my document in the Print Layout view shows up with funny margins
(like, 2 inches wider than I was expecting). I was forever double-checking my
Page Setup, and since nothing was abnormal, I didn't know how to fix it. Now
I know that it's the Track Changes showing up. It's sneaky, for sure, because
it's one of the last things I would think of to check.
Thanks again (you've saved me hours, I'm sure).