Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JPGaudreau JPGaudreau is offline

Default OLE DB Mailmerge Data connections

Hi,

I have an Access database which contains my raw data. With C#, I'm doing a
lots of calculations on these data.

I'm exporting these calculated data into a CSV file. But before exporting
these data I'm formatting them (in the language required for each record).
Once my calculated data have been exported, I doing a mailmerge with Word
2003. I'm using CSV because it's also easy to open it with Excel.

If I select OLE DB data source, I have a screen popping up twice which ask
me to choose the type of separated value. Once the merge is done, I have the
bug that all the 0s in my data source file are 12:00:00 AM ! However, I did
the same thing with same Word mailmerge file and the same data source on a
colleague's computer and I do not have this "bug". Also when I'm switching
of records, it's really fast compared to the 2 other data connections I
tried.

If I'm trying to format the mergefield in word (\# #,##0.00), I'm getting
the value 12 instead of 12:00:00 AM.
Also, when I'm doing the merge with the data source DDE or Text files, I'm
not getting this bug. However, like I said it's really slower than with OLE
DB.

Is that could a be driver problem ?

I'm also using CSV because all the data is preformatted and the CSV format
is a text format so I could use the OLE DB data connection and be much more
faster* ...

Anybody could help me please ?

Thanks

Jean-Philippe