Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John

Default I hate auto select

word in office 2003

When I try to select a portion of a sentence or part of a word, Word
makes a decision for me and auto selects something I didn't want to
select. Why does it do that? Why can't it just leave me alone?

I understand I can use shift or control or something but i NEVER want
word to help me select things. Is there any way?

Thanks

John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie

In Word, click on Tools | Options | Edit | uncheck the "When
selecting, automatically select entire word" box | OK.