malagon malagon is offline
Junior Member

Default Long String in BookMark

Hello to all,
I am having errors when I add a long string more than 255 characters in my bookmark. Can anyone help out.

thanks

example

Set rng = ActiveDocument.Range
Do
With rng.Find
.text = "STRING EXCEED 255 CHARACTERS" errors
.Execute
If rng.Find.Found Then
iBookmarkSuffix = iBookmarkSuffix + 1
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add strBookMarkPrefix & iBookmarkSuffix, rng
End If
End With
Loop Until Not rng.Find.Found
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not surprised that there is a maximum length for bookmark names (though
I would expect it to be a little more than 255 characters).

Which line of the macro causes the error message? Try stepping through the
macro.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP