Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rjlump54

Default Word Document Format

I am working on a document and somehow my text is not showing on the page.
If I print the doc it prints correctly, but I need to complete the document.
At the top there is a symbol - {shape\*mergeformat}. What does this mean and
how do I get the original document back so I can finish working on it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis

You are currently displaying field codes, instead of field values. Press
Alt-F9.

The field indicates that your text is in an inline drawing shape - probably
a text box.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP