Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bobbimc76

Default Spellcheck in Word

Word will not pick up a mispelled word, "hypertensin". It should be
"hypertension" and I can find no other word or medication spelled
"hypertensin" yet the spellcheck does not pick it up. I have even created a
new document and just typed that word and it still doesn't get it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bobbimc76

Suzanne: I tried that. The correct language WAS selected and the "Do not
check spelling or grammar" was not checked and it STILL doesn't pick it up.
I have Stedman's dictionary installed and it will pick up the most
complicated medication and medical term but for some reason, it will not pick
up that word (which we happen to use quite often).

"Bobbimc76" wrote in message
Word will not pick up a mispelled word, "hypertensin". It should be
"hypertension" and I can find no other word or medication spelled
"hypertensin" yet the spellcheck does not pick it up. I have even created

new document and just typed that word and it still doesn't get it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And you've checked the Custom.dic to make sure that the misspelling was not
added inadvertently? If that's not the answer, then you can add
"hypertensin" to the exclusion dictionary; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select the word and go to Tools | Language | Set Language. Make sure the
correct language is selected and "Do not check spelling or grammar" is

not
checked.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bobbimc76" wrote in message
Word will not pick up a mispelled word, "hypertensin". It should be
"hypertension" and I can find no other word or medication spelled
"hypertensin" yet the spellcheck does not pick it up. I have even

created
new document and just typed that word and it still doesn't get it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

It may be mispelled in Stedman's. You can try putting it in your exclude
list. (Check help on this.)
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select the word and go to Tools | Language | Set Language. Make sure the
correct language is selected and "Do not check spelling or grammar" is
not
checked.

so
all may benefit.

"Bobbimc76" wrote in message
Word will not pick up a mispelled word, "hypertensin". It should be
"hypertension" and I can find no other word or medication spelled
"hypertensin" yet the spellcheck does not pick it up. I have even
created

new document and just typed that word and it still doesn't get it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bobbimc76

That's exactly what it was. "Hypertensin" was the former name of a
medication so Stedman's was recognizing it. So I will put it in the exclude
list (as soon as I figure out how). Thank you.