Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ZTamsen ZTamsen is offline

Default Turn off initial caps - AutoCorrect

In Outlook 2003 SP2 (and in Word), when I finish an email or letter I like to
sign it off with my initials all in lower case (zwt). However, whenever I
type a closing (like "Best regards," ) and hit return it automatically
capitalizes the first letter of the next word. In other words, my initials
print out as Zwt instead of zwt, which is what I would prefer.

Is there a way to have that type of exception in the Autocorrect function?

Thanks,
Zack

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ZTamsen ZTamsen is offline

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want to have this signature be on all
emails (it's too informal for some) and having to go to the menu to select a
signature defeats the purpose of the quick, three-stroke signature signoff.

Any other suggestions?

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"ZTamsen" wrote in message
In Outlook 2003 SP2 (and in Word), when I finish an email or letter I like
sign it off with my initials all in lower case (zwt). However, whenever I
type a closing (like "Best regards," ) and hit return it automatically
capitalizes the first letter of the next word. In other words, my
initials
print out as Zwt instead of zwt, which is what I would prefer.

Is there a way to have that type of exception in the Autocorrect function?

Thanks,
Zack

Set up a Signature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"ZTamsen" wrote in message
In Outlook 2003 SP2 (and in Word), when I finish an email or letter I
like
sign it off with my initials all in lower case (zwt). However,
whenever I
type a closing (like "Best regards," ) and hit return it automatically
capitalizes the first letter of the next word. In other words, my
initials
print out as Zwt instead of zwt, which is what I would prefer.

Is there a way to have that type of exception in the Autocorrect
function?

Thanks,
Zack

Set up a Signature.

Zack,

I have approximately 12 "signatures". The default is present when I open a
message (new or reply). I simply right click on the signature and choose the
one that I want from the menu that opens. Two clicks and away you go.

How to turn off AutoCorrect for certain texts? Sebastian Helm Microsoft Word Help 3 April 23rd 06 04:21 AM
Initial Caps CSJ545 New Users 3 September 20th 05 06:22 PM
In Word, How do I change all caps to initial caps? Windspell Mailmerge 5 June 10th 05 03:38 PM
Remembering initial caps set in a document markymids New Users 9 March 20th 05 11:49 PM
Change all caps to initial caps Imert Landmark Microsoft Word Help 1 March 8th 05 06:27 PM