Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Garrett

Default MS Word - SendMail - Autopopulate Recipient+Subject Using A Macro?

I am designing a Word Form and would like very much to be able to have a
macro that automatically sets the mail recipient, sets the subject as one of
the form fields, and contains the formatted table/text in the body of the
email.

Can it be done? Any fraction thereof?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Garrett
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "How to send an email from Word using VBA" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Garrett" wrote in message
I am designing a Word Form and would like very much to be able to have a
macro that automatically sets the mail recipient, sets the subject as one
of
the form fields, and contains the formatted table/text in the body of the
email.

Can it be done? Any fraction thereof?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Garrett

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Garrett

Default MS Word - SendMail - Autopopulate Recipient+Subject Using A Ma

Yeah, I've read that article.

The routing slip at least lets me assign a subject and recipient, but I
really want to be able to send the formatted text in the body of the email.

The second method won't really work either because I don't wan to loose all
formatting.

I know that maintaining the formatting is possible, because I can do that by
going to "File - Send To - Mail Recipient". I just want to make this form
idiot proof by populating the recipient, and subject.

I very much appreciate your reply, though.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the article "How to send an email from Word using VBA" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm

--
Hope this helps.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The only way to ensure that the recipient sees the document, formatted
exactly as you have it, is to send it as an attachment. And even then, it
probably should be as a .pdf file.