Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Richard Lionheart

Default Remove "Delete Block (No/Yes)" feature - How To?

Hi All,

Somehow, this "Delete block" feature "popped up" on my Office 2003 Pro Word
package. How can I get rid of it? I'm a veteran user, so I don't need this
protection.
--
Regards,
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg

ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck the WordPerfect User features (2)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg

ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck the WordPerfect User features (2)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Richard Lionheart

Hi Greg,

Yours is the fastest response I've ever gotten in a newsgroup. The first
time OE displayed the header for my message, it was displayed with an icon
indicating that a response had been posted. Very nice. Thanks

ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck the WordPerfect User features (2)

I checked that dialog and saw the checkbox labeled "Help for WordPerfect
Users." However, it was unchecked.

I tried:
* Checking that checkbox
* Selecting some text and pressing Delete: same symptom
* Unchecked that checkbox
* Selecting some text and pressing Delete: same symptom

Do you have any other idea. I had tried Word/Help to no avail.

Thanks, again!
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

There are two checkboxes on that dialog about Word Perfect.
They must both be unchecked.

From the FAQ:

24. When I try to delete I have to confirm it.
Tools = Options = General -- uncheck the two Word Perfect
options

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Richard Lionheart" wrote in message
Hi Greg,

Yours is the fastest response I've ever gotten in a newsgroup. The first
time OE displayed the header for my message, it was displayed with an
icon indicating that a response had been posted. Very nice. Thanks

ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck the WordPerfect User features (2)

I checked that dialog and saw the checkbox labeled "Help for WordPerfect
Users." However, it was unchecked.

I tried:
* Checking that checkbox
* Selecting some text and pressing Delete: same symptom
* Unchecked that checkbox
* Selecting some text and pressing Delete: same symptom

Do you have any other idea. I had tried Word/Help to no avail.

Thanks, again!
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Richard Lionheart

Hi Charles,

There are two checkboxes on that dialog about Word Perfect.

You're soooo right :-) Many thanks!

Thanks for the links. I really should have paid attention to FAQs a long
time ago. I bookmarked them and pledge reformed behavior :-)

Regards,
Richard