Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tonym77

Default How do I number pages on doumect except first two pages

I went to view and click Header and Footer but when I deleted the nubers off
the first two pages, page three still said page three. I want the third to
say page one.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use the following field construction in the Header or Footer as the case may
be

{ IF { PAGE } 2 { = { PAGE } - 2 } }

You must use Ctrl + F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and Alt +
F9 to toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"tonym77" wrote in message
I went to view and click Header and Footer but when I deleted the nubers
off
the first two pages, page three still said page three. I want the third to
say page one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tonym77

Thhis worked on the first page but not on page 2. Page 3 still says page
three and I need it to say 1.
Mark Hope

"tonym77" wrote in message
I went to view and click Header and Footer but when I deleted the nubers
off
the first two pages, page three still said page three. I want the third to
say page one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
.. If you don't want page numbers in the first section (the first
two pages), then don't put any in the section 1 header or footer.