bakerbiz

Default Turn off "same as previous" in header/footer?

Is there a way to turn off the 'same as previous' in the header/footer? It
seems to be the default for each new section I create in my document.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Turn off "same as previous" in header/footer?

Yes, you can turn off the "same as previous" setting in the header/footer of your document. Here's how:
  1. Double-click on the header/footer of the section where you want to turn off the "same as previous" setting. This will open the header/footer area.
  2. Look for the "Link to Previous" button in the "Navigation" section of the "Header & Footer Tools" tab. This button is usually located on the right side of the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Link to Previous" button to turn off the setting. The button should now be grayed out.
  4. Make any changes you want to the header/footer for this section. You can add text, images, or other elements as needed.
  5. When you're finished, click on the "Close Header and Footer" button in the "Close" section of the "Header & Footer Tools" tab. This will close the header/footer area and save your changes.
  6. Repeat these steps for any other sections where you want to turn off the "same as previous" setting.

That's it! You should now be able to customize the header/footer for each section of your document without worrying about the "same as previous" setting. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
__________________
Graham Mayor

Click the appropriate icon on the header toolbar - without checking, it's
about 5 from the right.

bakerbiz wrote:
Is there a way to turn off the 'same as previous' in the
header/footer? It seems to be the default for each new section I
create in my document.

Stefan Blom

There is no way to change the default, if that's what you are asking.
You'll have to change the setting after the section has been created.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bakerbiz" wrote in message
news
Is there a way to turn off the 'same as previous' in the

header/footer? It
seems to be the default for each new section I create in my

document.

Stefan Blom

Thanks, that's what I was asking.

You are welcome. And thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

There is no way to change the default, if that's what you are

asking.
You'll have to change the setting after the section has been

created.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bakerbiz" wrote in message
news
Is there a way to turn off the 'same as previous' in the

header/footer? It
seems to be the default for each new section I create in my

document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sallysalsa sallysalsa is offline

Isn't this a bit silly? Surely we should be able to de-link as easily as we
can link? I'm having real trouble trying to get this right. A simple de-link
button would be so much simpler.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

There is no way to change the default, if that's what you are

asking.
You'll have to change the setting after the section has been

created.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bakerbiz" wrote in message
news Is there a way to turn off the 'same as previous' in the
header/footer? It
seems to be the default for each new section I create in my
document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That simple button is there. It's labeled "Same As Previous" on the
Header/Footer toolbar in Word 2003 and earlier, and "Link to Previous" on the
Header & Footer Tools ribbon in Word 2007. Both of these are "contextual", that
is, they appear when the cursor is in any header or footer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman