Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mercedes.K Mercedes.K is offline

Default How to get Formula result to update automatically?

I have a table in Word and in one cell I have the formula "=PRODUCT(h8,j8)"
It works but it won't update... I have to right click the formula and go to
"update formula" for it to update. Is there any way to get it to update
automatically as soon as a relevant change is made?
Thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to get Formula result to update automatically?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

To get the formula result to update automatically, you can follow these steps:
  1. Click on the cell with the formula in it.
  2. Go to the "Formulas" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Calculation Options" and select "Automatic".

This will set your document to automatically update any formulas whenever a relevant change is made.

If this doesn't work, you can also try checking your settings in the "Advanced" section of the Word Options menu. To do this:
  1. Click on "File" in the top left corner of the screen.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on "Advanced" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Scroll down to the "General" section and make sure that "Update automatic links at open" is checked.

This should ensure that your formulas update automatically whenever a relevant change is made. Let me know if this helps!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Fields do not update automatically. What you can do is press Ctrl+A (to
select the whole document) and then press F9 to force an update of all
fields at once.

Alternatively, you can enable the update fields on print setting in Word
Options. In Word 2007, this option can be found in Office button | Word
Options, Display category: "Update fields before printing." In Word 2003,
it's found in Tools | Options, Print tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mercedes.K" wrote in message
I have a table in Word and in one cell I have the formula "=PRODUCT(h8,j8)"
It works but it won't update... I have to right click the formula and go
"update formula" for it to update. Is there any way to get it to update
automatically as soon as a relevant change is made?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yet another option is to use a macro. For example, you can use the example
macro presented at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP